Our summer of fun had to end and it is back to reality. I'll be honest, it was really hard and sad for me to know that when we woke up yesterday Matt would be starting school and back into a structured routine. This has easily been the best summer of my life. There have been some very stressful and difficult challenges we've had to face as a family but overall we have been extremely spoiled and blessed. Matt is a one of a kind husband and dad (and person) and we have been so lucky to have him to ourselves all summer long. As much as I wish I could keep Matt home forever, he is going to love this program and I think it will be some of his favorite years. Sure enough, he came home from his first day of orientation stoked and looking forward to the next couple of years and this opportunity he has to learn and grow. I am so grateful for everything that happened in the past year that helped us end up here. Neither Matt or myself were ready or wanting to move away from Texas but since we started looking into different options last October, everything has either come together or fallen apart perfectly to lead us to where we are now. The fact that Matt took his GMAT and applied to BYU so late in the process and was accepted so quickly only confirms to me how amazing and deserving my husband is but more importantly it is a testimony to me that we made the right decision and we are in fact where we are supposed to be at this time. I feel very blessed and watched over this past year. I am so grateful for the promptings and help that got us here and I am forever grateful to see Matt happy and thriving again and away from such a negative environment. We are all so anxious to see what the next two years bring.
Tanner is so proud of his daddy and wanted to show his support. Stay tuned because in 3 weeks is someone else's first day of school.
3 comments:
Handsome boys and fun fun fun adventures ahead for all of you!!!!!!SLY:)
totally awesome! you look good, matt! and you too, tanner!
Wait, are you talking about Sienna??? Is she starting kindergarten??? WOAH time flies! Hope Matt's first days in grad school are going well!
Post a Comment