“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Princess Ball

***This was all donated. Natalie's dress was costumed made for her. A charity paid for her parents' dress and tuxedo and the gentleman that owns the the building where this was held didn't charge the charity at all. He donated all the food and building for free.***
.
Sienna and I were privileged to attend a princess ball last night for our friend, Natalie. Natalie is a 4 year old in our ward and has suffered with lymphoblastic leukemia for the past two years and two months. She was diagnosed on her second birthday. This ball was a surprise for her to celebrate her last treatment of oral chemotherapy. It was such a magical night that I know Natalie will remember it forever. Last night I caught the 10 o'clock news and they highlighted Natalie's special evening. It was so adorable to see this little angel on TV experiencing her dream come true. First they took her to a very high end salon to get her hair done, then they had her open a huge present that had her beautiful princess dress in it. Later it showed her talking to Bell and telling her that she's always wanted to go to a ball. Her wish came true. Last night with over 100 people to support her, Natalie was escorted into her very own ball. Natalie's entire family looked phenomenal and you could see the joy and hope in their eyes. I am so grateful to know Tammy and to have been able to experience such a magical night. What a perfect reminder of all of our blessings at such a special time of year. I have again been reminded that I cannot take anything for granted. I cherish my girls more than words can explain and I am blessed to have them with me for Christmas. My heart goes out to all of those that have lost loved ones or are unable to be with them at this time. Merry Christmas.
.
Natalie had her own dance with her father, her mother, and then her little brother Stephen. Natalie is such a special little girl that lights up the room with happiness.
.
Audrey and Sienna dancing to the different Disney songs being played.

4 comments:

Macdonalds said...

That is really special! I'm glad you were able to be a part of it.

Loralee said...

This is so cute and touching. I am so glad you went and was able to share! I am so happy that there are people out there that put these things together for children who have suffered. I pray she will have a full recovery.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

what a fun night! sienna looks super cute dancing :)

merry christmas!

love ya!

Bryan and Allie said...

That is so sweet of Natalie's parents to surprise her like that! She looked adorable dancing with her little brother.