Happy New Year! Tonight we spent a couple hours at some friends' house in our ward. It was a lot of fun but we decided to retire early and get Sienna to bed. (I am going to bed soon too!) These past couple of days I have thought a lot about all of the wonderful things that happened this year. Matt and I have experienced and seen a lot together. What an amazing year 2007 was. We have seen ups and downs but I am truly humbled by all the blessings we have witnessed and received. We were able to strengthen existing relationships while also developing many new and priceless friendships. We are in a great house, neighborhood, ward, and we have been blessed so much by the people that have come into our lives. Here are some of my favorite memories of the year.
.
-At the very beginning of the year, Matt and set out on an adventure I never thought I would look forward to. We moved away from both of our families (me being 7 1/2 months pregnant with our first baby) and started our first home in Keller, TX. As much as I miss both of our families, this has been such an irreplaceable experience for me. We have grown so much together and I have learned so much.
.
-Driving to Texas with my mom and dad. Really, they did all the driving while I vegged in the backseat scared to death of my new life in Texas.
.
-Matt and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary in February (almost 3 years).
.
-Matt has a great job with TWG that we both love. It is such a blessing to have such a beneficial job that is as enjoyable as it is rewarding. We have made some very strong friendships with many different people that he works with.
.
-Hanging out with Carly at my house while Matt was in Utah for work. For as close as we are, we don't see each other enough!
/
-March 21, 2007 My dream of becoming a mom came true. Sienna Anne Shumway was born at 5:45 am weighing it at 6 lbs 11oz and measuring 20 inches long. What big miracles come in such tiny packages. She really is such a joy to us and I couldn't imagine life without her. *Thanks to my mom and Matt's mom for being such great examples to me as what a good mother should be. I have the best to look up to and try to pattern myself after.*
.
-Spending time with my mom after having Sienna. Catching up on "The Office" and trying to figure out everything that comes with being a new mom.
.
-Going to Utah for the first time with Sienna and showing her off to all of my friends. Yes, I'm really a mom!
.
-Having Matt's family come to Texas. Eating out, ball games, 6 Flags, and more.
.
-When my dad and Jake came out for a whole 24 hours to see the new house and just so happened to buy a car...
.
-Meeting my new niece Kate and new nephew Max!
.
-Hanging out with Cole and Ella. Two of the most entertaining and fun kids ever.
.
-Spending lots of time with Baby Ben.
.
-Having "Girls Night Out" in Alabama with Ella, Kate, and Sienna. My favorite girls in the world. Even though they were sick it was a blast.
.
-Going to Les Miserables, playing catch, and just hanging out like we used to with Jamie before she left for her mission.
.
-Em, I know May was a roller coaster month for you with Max being born and you losing Eric, but I am glad I got to spend so much time with you. I felt bad being so far away while you had to go through all of that. We had some great talks and spent some quality time together. Love ya!
.
-All the phone calls with my daddy.
.
-Going to San Antonio to see Carly and her family.
..
-Watching so many of our friends have babies.
.
-Playing Tennis with Matt.
.
-Giving Sienna baths.
.
-Thanksgiving in Utah. I missed my people and I got to see so many of them. I have the cutest nieces and nephews in the world. I love when they will get on the phone and talk to me.
-Having Christmas in Texas with Matt and Sienna. What a wonderful holiday and perfect way to end the year. Even if we were all sick, everyone is happy on Christmas!
..
I could go on forever. This past year will definitely be an unforgettable one. I very much look forward to what 2008 has in store for us. I have been blessed more than I deserve and most all of those blessings have come in the form family and friends. Thanks for everything. I love you all!
.
Mom and dad- Thanks for everything. I truly appreciate all of the support even though you don't like that we live in Texas.
.
Dan and Andrea- Ditto! You guys have been so wonderful and supportive. Sienna loves to preform for you over web cam.
.
Brit and Kyle- Enjoy 'Bama. As much as "I hate the south" we'll come visit and see the new house. It looks great and we're extremely impressed with renovation done by Kyle.
.
Jake and Reni- Enjoy Grandma and Grandpa while you have them to yourselves. Regardless of how it looks, it won't last forever! :) Give the boys lots of kisses for me.
.
Kirk- come home to us safely! I can't wait to see you in April. Love ya, little bro. Semper Fi! Go Marines.
.
Bryan and Allie- Sienna would still love a Shumway cousin, but enjoy school and work while you can. You'll need to come out and visit us sometime before you do have a little one on the way. We would love to be closer to you guys so we could hang out. Plus, I am already getting a little tired of Guitar Hero, Matt needs some competition.
.
Adri and Dana- We miss you so much. Sienna loves her aunties and looks forward to every chance she gets to see you. You guys couldn't be any more beautiful or talented. We love you!
.
Elder Kyle Bruce Shumway- Thanks for calling on Christmas. We are so proud of what you are doing in New Zealand. We can't wait to see you again but know you are doing well. Stay safe and keep writing.
.
I'm sorry this was so long (and no pictures) but I have a lot on my mind. Happy New Year! Good night!
8 comments:
Happy New Year! I hope you guys are all better now! Being sick is no fun at all. It's amazing how fast time goes by. I know I couldn't have made it through this past year with out you and I still wish we lived closer...someday right!
You did have a pretty great year. And we are so glad you came to Texas. Happy 2008!
happy new year! we can't wait to share gramma and grandpa here...and maybe we'll head out to texas in 2008 :) we love you!
reni.jake.cole.max
Isn't it amazing how many adventures you can pack into one year? Hope this year is just as great!
I would also like to thank my producers, my director, and such an amazing cast. No, just kidding. You rock. I love you tons and so do my kids. May your 2008 be as blessed as your 2007.
Brit
Happy New Year!!!! hope to see you guys in 2008 when you come to Utah.
You gave such a beautiful and touching testimony today. You are such a precious person...so full of love! No wonder this has been a semi smooth transition this past year. Who wouldn't want to be friends with you? You welcome everyone with such open arms. We should all act a little more like sweet little Karin:)
Hmm a little off topic with your sweet post...but we are going to have Mary's shower the first Saturday in Feb. and she said to invite the usual TWGs and TWG wifeys. Who is the usual and um...do you usually mail them or pass them around work? You are the expert!
Post a Comment