“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Baby Girl "Charlie"

Baby#5 is another girl! I have said girl the entire pregnancy until the day before we found out, then I started saying boy with everyone else. I should have stuck with my instincts because this is the first time I've ever been "wrong". That doesn't matter, but I think I knew it was a girl. We are happy to have another healthy baby on her way. Now we just need to come up with a name. If you ask Abby, her name is Charlie. She has been calling the baby Charlie for weeks and doesn't appreciate when we tell her that isn't her name. I don't think we'll be using it, but it is the favorite that the kids have thrown out so far. (Not too hard when the other contenders include Poptart, Shumway, and all sorts of other silly things.) Even if we don't use the name, I love seeing what little kids come up with. It is incredible to me that a two year old can pull a name out of nowhere and become so attached to it. I cannot think of a place where Abby would have even heard the name Charlie. Who knows? We're struggling to come up with names. Maybe baby will be named by her two year old sister?

The following is what I posted on my Facebook wall after finding out the gender.

I don't remember another time when my heart was so full and so broken at the same time. Out of respect for our friends that struggle with infertility or have lost their babies, I try not to post much about my pregnancies, but Matt and I got to find out the gender of Baby#5 this morning. We are very happy to announce that Tanner is officially going to be sandwiched between sisters. (He is not thrilled about this and said something similar to, "Mom, we already have sisters. I said I wanted a brother, come on!"

After finding out the baby was a girl and we finished the rest of the ultrasound, the tech said everything looked good and she would be right back. A few minutes later a cardio specialist came into the room. They both mentioned everything looked fine, but he wanted to double check something. Baby girl is healthy, but as soon as he walked out of the room, I started sobbing. Sobbing for my friends.

My heart has been so heavy the past several months as many of my friends have experienced the loss of their sweet babies. As I got pregnant again I was overwhelmed with both joy and guilt. I want my friends to experience the same happiness I do, and nobody should have to suffer through burying their child. With that said, I am so grateful for the strength and examples of my friends. I hope you all know that you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I think about and cry for you often, and I will never forget your sweet babies or all that you have taught me through these most difficult of trials.

#babybennett #babygillespie #babyjackman #teampeyton #lennon #iancolby #indira #carterandbenson #emmaline


No comments: