Matt's first semester is over and to celebrate I threw a big party for his team and a couple other close friends. Matt loved his team and the way they worked so well together and was able to make some great friendships. This was my way of saying thank you to our close friends but also for me to celebrate the changes in Matt's life from the last year. I would be lying if I said that I haven't struggled not having a home to call my own or that I haven't missed my friends and ward from Texas a lot; but it is all worth it because we are on a better path as a family and Matt is so much happier. He loves his program and we are both very excited for the upcoming adventures we have in finding an internship and deciding where we'll be working and living after he graduates. It's been a fun year that has come with its fair share of ups and downs but the ups have out weighed the downs and we're grateful for all of the help and support along our way. I feel like we're in a very similar place that we were when Matt was graduating with his Bachelors degree not knowing what the future holds or where we'll be but it all worked out last time and I'm confident that it'll all work out again. I know that Matt will always put our family first and follow the spirit to get us where we need to be. For now, I need to focus on blooming where I am planted and work on making the best out of different situations that I have struggled with the past few months.
The food was delicious! It really turned out so great and everyone had a wonderful time and enjoyed the food. We had steak, chicken, shrimp, potatoes, breads, omelets, pizzas, rice with different kinds of cheeses and vegetables. It was a lot of fun because it gave everyone the opportunity to socialize and get to know each other better as their food was cooking plus they were all able to make what they wanted.
2 comments:
This was such a fun night! Funnest date in a long time. Will you PLEASE send me these two pictures so that I have some to remember the night by? You totally outdid yourself. Hmmm, sounds like you.
So was Scott Stonehocker in Matt's group? He is a good friend of ours from our single days. Great guy. Glad the program is going well, I'm sure you will have no regrets once it's all done. Congrats on your cute family!
Post a Comment