“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Monday, January 28, 2008

Quick Thoughts

I am tired and going to bed soon but thought I would put a quick post together. Last night Matt and I received calls from both of our families informing us that President Hinkley had passed away. The news was very saddening to both of us because of our love and respect for President Hinkley, but at the same time, we are excited he could return to be with God and Marjorie. After all, he was 97 and has done so much for the church and many others around the world. Conference is definitely going to be different and very hard for me. I love President Hinkley so much and will miss him forever, but the church is still true and will continue to move forward. I love the article on President Hinkley from the New York Times that my sister sent. Please read if you have a few minutes.
.
.
I could go on forever about how much President Hinkley has meant to me in my life and the life of others around me. I will never forget his dedication, sense of humor, or powerful messages.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I love Pres. Hinckley too. He was a great man.

Anonymous said...

Karin, I am so thankful for your testimony and wonderful, loving heart. How lucky Matt is to have such a lovely companion and how blessed Sienna is to have such a good mommy! I love President Hinckley too. He has been my special favorite for years and years.

Kiera said...

Pres. Hinckely was a great prophet. We will all miss him. I don't know if you got my txt yesterday. I hope you did. Sorry I couldn't make it over.