“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Quotes of the Day

To keep the girls in the same room listening to conference we thought it would be fun to count their money in their piggy bank. My dad came downstairs and asked the girls if they had taken all of his money.


Sienna said, "we stole your money so we could go to Disneyland with you, not to get rich!"


The girls had fun learning the different coins and placing them in piles so we could easily count how many dollars they added up to. They loved finding the unique coins such as gold dollars, 50 cent pieces and even a peso. They found the unusual coin and asked daddy what it was and after he explained that it was a Mexican coin called a peso, they started singing, "peso, peso, peso."


Sadie said, "I know, we can name the baby in mommy's tummy, Peso!"


Before conference started, the kids were playing around and being silly. Tanner kept trying to eat the girls and they were being so cute and fun. At one point, Sadie said that she never wanted to grow up and stay a kid forever. Sienna replied with,


"I don't want to stay a kid forever. I want to grow up and go to school and teach others about Jesus."


It has been such a relaxing and fun conference morning. My dad made us chocolate chip pancakes and we have had fun hanging out as a family. My kids are so hilarious and sweet. I am grateful for all of the talks this morning that we so easy to relate and teach the kids. President Uchtdorf spoke about families getting along and many others spoke about the gift our bodies are from our Heavenly Father. I don't know how much the girls will remember from conference, probably nothing specific but hopefully they remember watching it as a family and having fun. Now they are playing conference bingo and listening to the closing hymn.

No comments: